Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cali trip

Once John finished his third year we took advantage of the break to head to California to see family. Evan did great flying--slept most of the way, which was nice, since he'd had his 6-month shots two days before and had also popped up two teeth. I was relieved, anyway.

We flew into Fresno and stayed in Mariposa with Nana and Papa, who totally spoiled Evan. I don't think he's ever going to want to be put down again! John played in two golf tournaments with his dad, and had a great time. Nana watched Evan for us one evening so we could go into town and have dinner together, which was really nice. We also drove into Yosemite since Mom and Dad live so close, and walked around to see some of the falls and just enjoy the natural splendor! Monday, while John played in another tournament with his dad, I drove with Evan up to Modesto to visit Grandma Stromberg. That was her first time meeting her great grandson, Evan. We ate artichokes together and visited till John was ready to be picked up. Then John, Evan and I headed up to Roseville to spend a few days with my sister Heather and her family. Evan LOVED hanging out with his cousins. They did a great job making him laugh. We got to see my nephew Jeremiah run the mile in a track meet, my nephew Ethan play in a baseball game, and had so much fun playing with Abby, Lauren and Sophia. They are such good kids, and such a blast!

We got to celebrate John's birthday with everyone as well--breakfast with the Browns (they made his favorite dessert, apple crisp!), lunch with Grandma Stromberg, and dinner with Mom and Dad. It was a great day!

Here are a few photos of our time. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we were in Yosemite about the same time! So beautiful!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. We're totally jealous that you got to go to Yosemite. Jen, your sister totally looks like you. PS, Happy Birthday John. How did we miss that?

Alayna said...

The Yosemite pics really are beautiful. You've inspired me to put it on my list. I'm so glad it was a fun trip...it was greatly deserved!

Luna said...

I love Yosemite! I really miss living so close and being able to visit. Sounds like you had a fun trip with lots of family to visit. So glad Evan did well on the trip too!