Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sweetheart

I have a wonderful husband. He made my birthday so special for me. Even Evan gave me a birthday present--he slept till 8:15 and woke up all smiles.

When I lived in Oklahoma, my first job was at a phone center for a pizza place called Mazzio's. We took called-in orders and sent them to the restaurant closest to the delivery address. I loved Mazzio's pizza--particularly their calzone and cheese dippers. Yum. I haven't had Mazzio's in YEARS--but I was excited to find that there was one in Millington, TN, which is about 45 minutes away from us. I have wanted us to go there for a while, but it's in the hood, and we haven't ventured up there yet. Well, John came home from school yesterday with a surprise--a pepperoni calzone and an order of cheese dippers from Mazzio's! He drove all the way up there and got me my favorite foods. What a sweetheart!


And yes, I am still in my pjs! Yay for birthdays!

Then we went out to do some shopping, and then I had to go to Young Women's. When I came home, the house was clean, and John and a couple we're good friends with were in the kitchen with a birthday cake (unfrosted, just as I like it!) and candles, singing Happy Birthday!

It was a really nice day--didn't hurt that it was like 70 degrees and sunny as well! Thanks, John, for making it a special day for me. I love you!

And doesn't this face just make you wanna smile???

6 comments:

The Sullengers said...

Was it like you remembered? Hopefully! How cute and a fun surprise for your birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy b-day! What a wonderful hubby!

Amy said...

Ooh Mazzio's cheese dippers are the best! I am jealous!

DA & J said...

Happy Birthday and yes, Evan's smile can melt your heart! I am glad that you had a great day!

Margaret Pratt said...

What a perfect day! Happy Birthday Jen! Evan is ADORABLE!

Scotty B said...

Unfrosted Cake?! Really Jen, wherever did you get that? Happy Late B-Day!!