Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not a creature was stirring....



...except for a mouse! Yep, we had our own little furry friend make an appearance. Unfortunately, it ran into the nursery, and we were NOT excited about waiting for it to get caught in a trap. So we invited the cat into the room. Shai thought the mouse was a toy, not food. Guess we're feeding her too well. She chased it like she was serious, but when she would corner it, she'd just sit and wait for it to make it's next move! Eventually John took matters into his own hands--he cornered it himself, built a wall around it, and had me grab a box and kitchen tongs. He held the box and I reached in with the tongs and grabbed the mouse and dropped it in the box. Poor little guy! Then we took a walk to a field far, far away from our home and dropped him off. Yeah, the tongs went in the garbage can.

4 comments:

The Sullengers said...

At least the mouse was caught uninjured. It was kinda cute! Have a merry christmas and we will see you guys in a couple weeks!

The Borders said...

We had a mouse in the old jouse this week too- my story was a bit different. I am amazed that you were able to corner it!

DA & J said...

Reminds me of Lady & the Tramp with the mouse going into the baby's room. Good thing there was no evil aunt Sarah there...she would have never caught it until it was too late (too many disney books for Nathan as you can see). I am glad that you caught it though. A mouse is one thing that I don't ever want to deal with. I guess here, we just have to watch out for scorpions!

Sandy said...

Ugggghhhh! I HATE mice! The last apartment we lived in bordered a field and we got mice all the time. Oh, I could tell you stories. The new house has been mouse-free for the whole 10 months we've lived here...until 2 weeks ago when one got in while we were at the hospital having the new baby. I'm blaming it on our babysitters:) Luckily we caught it quickly, but it got into the baby's bottom drawer full of blankets first. EW EW EW. Thank goodness for the 2 hour sanitary cycle on our washer:) I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that your little unwanted pet was a one-time occurance:)