Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Okay, okay...

It's really too bad that we've had this blog for so long and have never posted anything. It's not because we have nothing to report--just not as much time as we'd like to do the reporting. But I'm trying to be better about it. Despite the fact that I still want to modify how this site looks, I can't put off writing anything anymore just because of that. So here goes.

To catch you up: John's started his third year of optometry school, and is now spending a lot of the week in the Eye Center on campus. Thankfully, he still likes it. I really think he chose the right profession. (Yay!) One more year to go--a year of externships. One in Tennessee and two still yet to be determined. We've talked about a few sites in Colorado, one in Las Vegas, and one in Phoenix. We'll see!

We are expecting a little boy in October, which is fantastic! John's already bought him a little Air Jordan onesie with a matching beanie and booties. It's really cute. He also plans to decorate the nursery (that's right, HE plans to decorate it) with lots of Tiger Woods posters and a baby blue blanket with the Nike swoosh on it. He claims it's just because we're having a boy that he wants to do the planning, but when I pointed out that if we were having a girl he'd be doing exactly the same thing, he considered for a minute, then told me I was right. If it was a girl, it'd be a "pretty, pretty princess room." What a cute daddy he'll be!

I'm including a photo of the onesie. I've got to admit, it's cute!




8 comments:

The Potterfs said...

Why does this not suprise me? Perhaps Tiger Magnus Ketcher? Anyone?

Linnea said...

I'm so glad you're finally catching up to the modern world! Too cute onesie. I sure hope this kid likes sports! (Maybe he will be an intellectual reader--what do you think, Jen?!)

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

I like Evan or Brady. I like Micah too, but I think it might sound weird with the Ketcher. If I let Mikey decorate our baby's room, it would still look like a sports room, not a pretty princess room.

The Sullengers said...

I'm super excited for this - I love blogs!!!

The Borders said...

Hooray on the blog! It took me a while too. I am so excited about this little boy of yours! It is so much fun!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

It starts! I don't want to know what's next for this little man. Just kidding. So excited for you guys.

danberg said...

So excited for you Jen (hips)! You will be the most fun mom ever! You will have to post a prego picture of yourself, I bet you are the cutest pregnant girl ever!

Alayna said...

Yeah!I can't wait to see what name you come up with for this sweet little boy! The birth of your blog is also pretty exciting!