Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oklahoma is OK.

I was going to do some big long (and probably boring) post about how I never thought I'd end up back in Oklahoma (and didn't want to, for that matter), but now that we're here, have a couple of years under our belts, and have bought a practice, I have come to terms with it, and we are officially, happily Okies (once again, for me). John is the new owner of Vision Source Mustang. He's really enjoying having his own business. He has great employees, and the transition has gone really smoothly so far. I am just thrilled that he didn't have to start from scratch, as he had planned!
He was recently released (our bishop just moved), and called as the first counselor to the new bishop. Luckily for me, people in our ward have taken pity on me and started sitting with me to help me with the kiddos. Or maybe it's just so the rest of the ward can hear the speakers over my kids. One of the two. Ben turned 9 months old a couple of weeks ago. His well checkup was yesterday, and he came in at 21.3 lbs, 29 inches, and a head circumference that was crazy big. She said it was in the 95-97th percentile. Yikes. Evan was almost exactly the same size at 9 months. He is crawling normally now, not just doing the worm. He pulls himself up on everything, and has mastered sitting himself back down when he's done standing. He cruises along furniture a bit. His favorite time of day is bath time. He loves the water. Never once in his life cried while in the bath. He's a little monster when he eats, yelling till the spoon is in his mouth, and sometimes yelling while it's in there. Crazy kid. We sure adore him. B at 9 months:
Evan started preschool this month, which he enjoys. He's been very defiant lately, so we're working on it with a behavior chart. So far he's earned a trip to Chuck E. Cheese (every germophobe's nightmare) and a family bowling trip--E's first. He loved it. He's starting to recognize small words in books we read. So fun to see him learning!

4 comments:

Linnea said...

So happy for you guys--and can't wait to visit next month!

Collins said...

I'm glad you've come to terms with OK. It's just sad that you're family is not there anymore. I'm happy to hear Johns practice transition is going so smoothly. Love pics of kiddos. So fun!

The Sullengers said...

I'm glad you are liking it there, when not thinking you would and I'm glad the whole buying a business has gone smoothly! Stills scares the crap out of me :) Cute pics of the boys!

DA & J said...

Congrats on the Practice! Such an exciting time for your family.