Monday, May 9, 2011

Birthday and other happenings

We celebrated John's birthday on Saturday this year, since it actually falls on Mother's Day. He was nice enough to let me have that day all to myself. Evan picked out several presents for his daddy, like the hats they wore in the birthday pie picture, and a soccer ball, balloon, and some candy that he immediately wanted to play with/eat after they were opened. We're still working on the concept of gifts. John only had a couple of meetings Sunday, then he came home and let me take a nap and made me dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. It was a great day!



John got to take a day off for his birthday, so we had a picnic outside to enjoy the awesome weather, then John and Evan kicked a ball around and played some basketball. Evan LOVES picnics.

Below, Evan and John are bonding over some basketball and dream whip pie beaters. They were both pretty content.






Geryn and Evan--best of friends. I am still so disappointed that Geryn's parents are taking her away from us! Still hoping the move isn't going to happen. Sorry Chelsea.

And we recently discovered Evan's love for Jamba Juice. He wouldn't give it back to me!

In other news, we're expecting Ketcher Kid #2 mid-November. I'm feeling great, not having to do the blood-thinner shots this time around, which is awfully nice. No morning sickness, and I can even eat greasy food this time! No idea what it is, but John's hoping for a little girl.

12 comments:

DA & J said...

Congrats! We can't wait to see another little Ketcher! Also, glad to see that your family had a great weekend! Oh, and my kids love Jamba Juice (only it is Keva Juice here). Nathan always wants to go there.:)

We Are Family! said...

Hooray! Congratulations to you and John! So exciting to welcome another addition. How great you are feeling so good. Happy Birthday to John!

The Sullengers said...

I'm so excited for you guys to be pregnant again! I love jamba juice too and really really wish we had one here :)

Unknown said...

YAY!! Congrats KJohn and Jen!! Glad John had a fun birthday!!

Grafulas said...

We haven't taken her away yet, and MAYBE you should just send Evan with us, since you're getting another one anyway :) I'm sure he'll be fine as long as I stock up on pretzels.

Bryan & Reiko said...

Congrats on the baby. Happy Birthday to John as well. I so miss Jamba Juice. It is always on our list when we go home.

Lant Family said...

Congratulations on Ketcher Kid #2! That is so great you are feeling good and things are going good for you guys.

Margaret Pratt said...

Congratulations!!! So glad this pregnancy is a bit easier! What a great family picture! Happy Birthday John and Happy Mother's Day Jen!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Yeah, Yeah! I'm so glad you're sharing your great news and that you are feeling so well. I sure hope it continues. We're praying for you. Happy Birthday John!

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

yay for baby Ketcher! Gracie LOVES Jamba Juice too. She's always asking me for "strawberry juice."

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

Congrats!! I'm so glad you don't have to do the shots again!!!! Love the new house too.

Alayna said...

Best news ever! So glad that a second Ketcher is on their way!