Monday, July 26, 2010

OCD

Evan has a mat of letters and numbers. Every night before we go to bed I arrange the letters and numbers into a nice 6X6 square. This is how it looks:














Then Evan gets up in the morning. This is how it looks approximately 10.6 seconds after he hits the front room.















John says I'm crazy to put it back together every night. But I have to! I must be OCD.

In other news, Evan got his first big boy haircut this week. He did great. He seemed a little uncertain at first, and hated wearing the bib, but as soon as the stylist gave him her water bottle he contentedly sprayed himself in the face the rest of the time.
















It turns out that big boy haircuts are pretty expensive. Time for me to learn a new skill. Have any advice on giving boy haircuts to someone with no experience? Please share!

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

How cute--I think it is so fun to get big kid haircuts. I know every time I take Lucy I am like seriously, you cut a straight line. I just buzz Garretts with the clippers. You could get a cheap set and see what you can do. I am kinda OCD about putting the toys away at night too.

Bryan & Reiko said...

I can't believe what a big boy Evan is. Bryan and I put all the toys away at night. I can't have the books in with the toys either. Maybe things will change when we have more than one child.

Unknown said...

Add a couple of more kids to the mix and you won't feel so OCD. At least that has been my experience. Little boy haircuts are easy. I cut my whole families hair and never had any prior experience. When they were little I would put a sheet down in the living room, stick them in their high chair with their favorite show and get to work.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

You could always take him to a beauty college, those haircuts are only $8! I've cut Riley's hair ever since we got married, but my mom taught me just 1 haircut (she went to cosmetology school) It was a bit trickier to cut Gracin's and Rhylan's is out of the question, I have tried and cried:)

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

I'm OCD too, so you aren't alone ;-) I use clippers when I cut Justin's hair, but I don't know how well it would work with a toddler.

The Potterfs said...

Now you know why Robby has always had a buzz!

Luna said...

WE use clippers for Eli. But I have taken him places to get it cut. Call around and price some places out. Super cuts, Fantastic Sams and a few others are used to working with kids usually since they can be so cheap.

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

I literally cannot stand how cute he is.