Saturday, June 5, 2010

Update

Ok, I no longer have any excuse not to blog. So here's our update. Sorry if this is long and boring. There's been a LOT going on.

Last time I blogged we were in the middle of packing to leave Santa Fe, NM. Evan and I drove with my family to Payson and stayed with my parents for about a week. John took the trailer and drove it to Memphis. Evan and I flew out to be there during John's graduation. And I just have to say, I'm so proud of John! He did an amazing job during school--managing his classes and exams, boards, church assignments and family life. He was even in the Honors Society! Way to go, Dr. John!













Following graduation, Evan and I and John's parents flew to CA to spend some time with them. John planned to drive out to CA to be with us, and while en route, he received a call with a job offer in Oklahoma City--our first choice. We were thrilled.

We spent a couple of weeks in CA with family (mine and John's) and then John left to drive (once again, poor guy!) to OKC to arrange housing and move our things from Memphis to OKC.














Now we're all together again, finally in a stable situation for poor Evan, who was beginning to think he'd be sleeping in a different bed or state every week for the rest of his life.
















We live in Yukon, OK in a great little house. Everything really just fell into place for us, and we are confident this is where we're supposed to be! It's a great feeling.

So come see us on your next vacation! You know you always wanted to check out Oklahoma!

10 comments:

Susan said...

SO glad to hear that you guys are where you want to be and John is doing what he wants to be doing - what a blessing! You guys absolutely deserve it. I bet it feels great to be settled!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

I'm glad it all worked out. Now you can have some peace and begin to reestablish your life. Good luck!

Reiko said...

Evan is so big. Glad that you will be in one place now.

Luna said...

Yippee! It is so nice to have things settles! I did always want an excuse to go to OKC

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

We are so happy for you all. I love the final picture. -- Justin

R and A Lambert said...

Congrats on the job! Glad you guys are getting settled again. OK is a really pretty state!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

All of us here are dreaming to that day when we will be ...settled? What ever that means:) Congrats on the job, what great blessings!

The Sullengers said...

That Tornado is making me want to come visit really bad :) I've actually heard Oklahoma is a cool city, so it's on our list of places to visit! Can't wait to see pics of your cute little place!

Margaret Pratt said...

Yea! You made it! We are so happy you got your first choice and everything came together for your family! You deserve it! I love Evan's shirt! Evan is a cutie pie for sure! I hope he enjoys being in the same bed for awhile :)

Alayna said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you've landed finally. OKC is now on my list of places to visit!